Friday, March 11, 2011

Packing Day

We're getting ready for a big trip and I'm filled with a mix of emotions. I'm very excited to get to see family for a few days, some good friends, and a lot of scenery. It also makes me a little nervous to be going on such a long trip. Though it's funny as I talk to people about going everyone thinks it's brave to be taking to kids and a teenager on a 3000 mile road trip. Honestly though, the kids have nothing to do with me being nervous. I love to travel, and the boys are so much fun. Melody will be such a help with the boys and we will all have a great time. Singing in the car, watching movies, stopping at new places, taking fun pictures... yes there will probably be some times where sitting in the car will be long... but then we'll get out. There will be times when things are boring, but we'll find something to do. All part of my plan of taking 3 days to do the big drive, plenty of flex time to have fun while going.

I am more nervous about a lot of little things, like forgetting things places... not just forgetting them at home, but forgetting them at a hotel or somewhere else. Nervous about having car trouble or the weather being bad. But when it all comes down to it I'm mostly excited. If something goes wrong we'll deal with it when we come to it. If plans get messed up we'll make new ones. If Melody has to miss a day or two of school I'm sure she won't mind ;)

Our trip will start tomorrow with a "short" trip as we head to Omaha. Short meaning a 4 hour drive... which depending on your definition can be a short trip or a long one, but compared to the driving coming later in the week... it really is a short trip. I'm hoping to keep somewhat of a log of our journey and adventures, and of course a lot of pictures! I'm packing two cameras just to be safe! And Melody will have her's too!

But for now I'm working on the task of deciding the best way to pack the van, which toys to bring and which to stay home, how to make the best use of space, and hoping that I don't forget anything too major. Despite it's bulk the double stroller is coming with us... I believe it will be a life saver as we attempt to see some of the sites of Washington DC!

0 comments:

Post a Comment